AVP, Business Development Preferred Banker
Position: AVP, Business Development Preferred Banker
Reports to: VP, Head of Retail Banking and Client Relations
The AVP Business Development Preferred Banker is responsible for generating new deposit relationships and fee income, expanding and servicing the Bank's deposit clients, and referring new loans. This position requires familiarity with the San Francisco and Peninsula markets and active community involvement. In addition, the AVP Business Development Preferred Banker provides banking solutions to current and prospective clients while meeting or exceeding assigned deposit sales goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an existing portfolio while expanding deposit relationships and cross-selling banking products to increase revenues.
- Act as a primary point of contact for deposit customers, providing personalized and attentive service to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Proactively identify and respond to customer needs, offering appropriate banking products, services, and solutions to address their financial goals and challenges.
- Represent Beacon Business Bank in the community by participating in nonprofit and civic organizations and attending local events.
- Coordinate sales management activities with the VP Head of Retail Banking & Client Relations, including developing effective sales strategies, processes, tactics, and referral networks contributing to the Bank's goals and success.
- In conjunction with branch sales efforts, support, promote, and market promotional activities, enhance customer relationships, and refer customers to business development, loan officers, or relationship managers as appropriate.
- Stay informed of industry trends, competitors' products and services, and market conditions to identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for deposit growth and cross-selling banking products.
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with all applicable State and Federal banking regulations, bank policies, and procedures, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Program and Information Systems Security Policies—complete compliance training on time.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in banking or retail service, with a focus on sales, customer service, and business development.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals and building strong customer relationships.
- Strong knowledge of banking products and services, industry trends, and market conditions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to drive sales and achieve business objectives.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking regulations and other applicable Bank policies and procedures.
- Willing to work extended hours to accomplish tasks.
Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Must be a dependable self-starter.
- Must possess a willingness to take ownership of errors and promptly correct them.
- Must exhibit strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have strong problem-solving, analytical, research, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to travel to branches and meet with clients as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, vehicle, and liability insurance.
Must maintain a respectful, courteous work environment free of unlawful discrimination or harassment.
- Ability to work in a standard banking environment.
- Ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 10-25 lbs. of force.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours per day with time on the telephone and or at the computer.
- Ability to type at a computer keyboard and view a computer monitor for up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to use and facsimile, photocopier, and other general office equipment frequently.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to carry out detailed, varied, and multi-step instructions and solve complex problems involving multiple concurrent tasks.
Beacon Business Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.