Business Development Officer or Manager
Position: Business Development Officer or Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Beacon Business Bank has an opportunity for a proven business development officer or manager to grow a small commercial bank in the San Francisco Bay Area. Expectations of this position are to self-generate loans that include CRE (both owner and non-owner occupied), C&LD, C&I, SBA 7(a), and SBA 504. This candidate will have the ability to design lending efforts for business banking from the ground up with competitive terms and pricing.
The candidate will be expected to leverage her/his network to self-generate loans, develop and execute a marketing plan for broker referral networks within the Bay Area, develop and execute a referral program for all Beacon Business Bankers, and create an SBA marketing plan to include business brokers and CDCs. The candidate will also develop an inside-sales plan to service existing customers, including leading tickler efforts, covenant compliance, and the annual loan review process. Underwriting expertise is a big plus.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, maintain, and grow existing loan and deposit portfolios. Increase and optimize customer relationships by cross-selling other bank services.
- Develop new business and personal banking relationships by generating loans, deposits, and other banking services within the Bank's target market of small to medium-sized businesses and business professionals.
- Serve as contact officer for all banking relationships developed through personal new business efforts. Advise customers, where possible, on business management and financial matters. Monitor, on an ongoing basis, all customers brought to the Bank through personal new business development efforts. Report to CEO any concerns.
- Maintain and foster branch participation in community events in support of promoting awareness and growth.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service standards, assure that customer complaints are responded to in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to determine if and when to follow up on items.
- Solid understanding of financial statements and tax returns.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis and credit analysis.
- Knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate, and consumer lending.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret various technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables in non-standardized situations both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in other essential software, such as Sageworks.
- Knowledge of related state and federal loan regulations, and other applicable Bank lending policies and procedures.
- Take ownership of errors and finds appropriate ways to correct them.
- Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, accurate in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, researching, and decision-making abilities, as required.
- Must possess strong management skills in sales, business development, customer service, and organizational development of a branch.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Maintain a respectful, courteous work environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- Formulate recommendations and provide feedback to management regarding operational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment to operational integrity, policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer service and promptly respond to customer complaints.
- Maintain knowledge and assure compliance with all applicable State and Federal banking regulations, bank policies, and procedures, including but not limited to the Bank
- Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering Program and Information Systems Security Policies.
- Timely completion of compliance training.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of other staff members who are out of the office.
- May require extended work hours to accomplish tasks.
- Maintain a current understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Ability to work in a standard banking environment as well as a flexible post-COVID environment.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10-25 lbs. of force.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours per day with time on the telephone and/or computer.
- Ability to type at a keyboard and view a computer monitor for up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to use and facsimile, photocopier, and other general office equipment frequently.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to carry out detailed, varied, and multi-step instructions and solve complex problems involving multiple concurrent tasks.
- Uses fingers and hands to make small movements, e.g., typing, operating office equipment.
- Normal talking and hearing.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time.
Beacon Business Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.