Popmoney is a feature within Personal Online Bill Pay that lets you send and receive personal electronic payments to and from virtually anyone, using email and text messages.
Popmoney offers a convenient alternative to cash and checks, and can be managed within Beacon Business Bank’s Personal Online Banking experience. There are many ways to use Popmoney to make personal payments easier, such as:
- Paying rent & other household expenses
- Sending money as a gift to family and friends with a personalized eGreeting
- Reimburse friends for that fun outing
How Popmoney Works
- Convenient - No need to have a check or cash on hand.
- Send Money - Log in to Personal Online Banking and click on the Bill Payments tab, then select Popmoney. Simply enter the email address or mobile phone number of the person you wish to pay.
- Notify Recipient & Easy to Collect - Your recipients will receive an email or text notification with a link to instructions on how to have the money deposited into their account.
- Personalize - Create an eGreeting to make sending money to friends and family fun!
- Economical - You pay just $0.50 for each Popmoney transaction. You save on the cost of cards, stamps and envelopes.
Beacon Business Bank retail customers can only use Popmoney to send money within the United States.
It’s easy to get started with Popmoney
Already enrolled in Online Bill Pay?
- Login to your Personal Online Banking
- Click “Bill Payment” and choose “Popmoney”
- Enter the person’s email address or mobile phone number and the amount to pay
It’s that convenient and simple!